Project management refers to the process of organizing and planning resources in order to accomplish a goal. This is a collection of tools and techniques that can be used to plan, manage, monitor, and control projects. Project management is essential for completing projects on schedule, within budget, with the desired results. Project management can help reduce risk and improve overall performance. It helps to identify and resolve potential problems. This requires excellent communication skills, collaboration skills, and the ability to problem solve and make decisions.
Project management goals have become increasingly complex as business environments are more complex. Many businesses now rely on project management software to help them.
Software that manages projects is vital for all businesses. It allows teams to stay on track and organized, which makes it easier for them to manage their projects efficiently and effectively. These applications allow teams to break down tasks into manageable chunks and track progress. They can also assign tasks to their team members. You can also get useful reports to help you monitor your performance and spot potential issues. Project management software facilitates communication and allows team members to collaborate on projects in real time.
We will be discussing two popular project management softwares and comparing Freshdesk and smartsheet.
Smartsheet Project Management
Smartsheet software can handle project management, sales tracking, crowdsourcing, and more. This tool provides companies with a unique way to process and collaborate on projects. It allows file sharing, interactive meetings and spreadsheet management. Smartsheet is a well-known and easily accessible UI for businesses that use spreadsheets to manage finances, schedules, inventory, and other business operations. Because it is spreadsheet-like, it’s a great fit for all. It makes a big difference in how teams work together on different projects.
Software as a Service (SaaS), which is both cloud-based and web-based, offers the ability to deploy software. Smartsheet software is suitable for any size company, and it can be used for nearly all business industries.
These are the key benefits offered by the software:
- Widget-driven, customizable dashboards to view critical data
- Automation for approvals, requests and notifications
- Consolidation data with shareable reports
- Activity log helps track collaborators’ actions
- Integration of calendar applications such as iCal or Google Calendar
- Integration of multiple third-party apps valuable for your business
- Create portals to facilitate flexibility and agility
- Control center for accessing portfolio tools (for enterprise and business users)
- Real time collaboration, management and reporting
- Increase productivity by automating different tasks
- Collaboration is an important feature for staying in touch with non-users
- The software offers a user-friendly interface
- Limited features compared to other software programs in the same niche
- Certain features are available only as premium add-ons
To get a better understanding of Smartsheet’s features, it is a good idea to book a demo. Software Finder makes it easy to book a demo by visiting the vendor profile of the software.
Smartsheet software doesn’t offer a free version. All three paid packages come with a free trial. Pricing starts at $7 per user per month, but is billed annually.
Users say that the software is simple to use and set up. Users also found the interface flexible. Even though the software has limited functionality, users believe it offers substantial functionality. Some users have complained that scaling the software is difficult.
Freshdesk Project Management
Freshdesk Software is a cloud-based customer service platform that guarantees increased customer satisfaction and engagement. You can set up agent roles, ticket forms, portals and many other features. These options can be customized to streamline ticketing. To increase data security, users can restrict access to information and identities. Field service modules are included in the software. They include real-time dispatch tracking and quick inquiry resolution across all channels. Automatic appointment management is also available. Client involvement is possible.
Freshdesk can be deployed only via cloud and is compatible with any company size: small, medium, or large. These features are not included in the software:
- Improve customer service through collaborative ticketing
- Connect communication channels like email, chat, phone, etc.
- Service tasks based upon location, priority, or other aspects
- Configuration workflows, agent roles and customer portals
- Report generation and actionable insights
- Automatic notifications to customers and agents
- Self-service feature available for customers
- Support for multiple time zones and languages
- Knowledge base
- Integrations with multiple applications
- Search based on keywords is not possible
- It is not easy to create new contacts
- Creating links between tickets is difficult
To book a demo, users can visit Freshdesk’s vendor profile via Software Finder. Freshdesk’s demo will explain how each feature works and whether they can help your business.
Freshdesk offers a free version and free trials with all paid plans. The lowest plan starts at $15 per agent per monthly. There are three plans available. The billing is however annual. For an enhanced software experience, the vendor offers additional paid add-ons.
According to Freshdesk reviews, users are pleased with the various integrations provided by the software. Users also noted that automation is easy and requires no technical knowledge. Users have also complained about the inability to customize the widgets within the software.
Comparison of Freshdesk and Smartsheet Costs: A Short Conclusion
Both software applications can be classified as project management. Freshdesk, however, is a tool that focuses on customer service. It is difficult to compare the cost of these applications because they have different goals.
Freshdesk comes with a free version, which is not the case for Smartsheet. Smartsheet’s lowest-priced package, however, is more expensive than Freshdesk.
You want to make smart decisions about how you spend your money. Make sure you choose the right software for your project management needs. We hope that our analysis of Freshdesk cost vs Smartsheet will assist you in making an informed decision.