Life is better with desserts! But when you are on your fitness journey, then you need to cut those sumptuous desserts out of your diet to maintain your weight. But what if we told you that now you can indulge in all the sweet goodness minus the guilt? Adding whey protein powder to dessert recipes is a great way to make them healthy and yet get that sweet something.
Whey protein powder is one of the most popular fitness supplements that trainers recommend. A lot of people start taking them without knowing about whey protein or which whey protein powder will suit them the best. One of the top selling ones is GNC Whey Protein Advanced. It is known for its amazing results, the quality is unmatched, and it is completely value for money. It is really versatile and you can use it in all the following dessert recipes.
Try these amazing desserts with the goodness of whey protein powder
- Banana Bread
Banana bread is such a comfort food! Have a thick slice with your favorite coffee or as a dessert topped with cream, it is so versatile. In this recipe, we share a healthy version of banana bread that you can enjoy with the taste but not the guilt of cheating.
- 1 scoop GNC whey protein vanilla
- 2 tbsp flour (almond flour/ coconut flour etc.)
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Mash banana in a bowl.
- Mix all the dry ingredients – baking powder, whey protein powder, flour, and cinnamon powder.
- Whisk wet ingredients together – egg, vanilla essence, almond milk.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together so that there aren’t any lumps. Add the mashed banana and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tray.
- Bake at 280 degrees for 45 minutes. Keep checking in between until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool, cut into slices and enjoy!
- Greek Yogurt Pudding
On days when you crave something sweet, but don’t want to break that streak of healthy eating this recipe will come handy. It just takes 5 minutes to whip up and the taste is immaculate. The best part about this recipe is that you can have it in breakfast, dessert after a meal, or in-between meals as a healthy snack. You can customize the taste and toppings as per your liking!
- 200 g Greek Yogurt (flavor of your choice)
- 1 scoop vanilla GNC whey protein powder
- Chopped fresh fruit for garnish
- Seeds for garnish
- Museli/ Granola for garnish
- Mix the Greek yogurt with whey protein powder in a bowl.
- Add chopped fresh fruits, museli, nuts and toppings of your choice. Mix until creamy and enjoy this healthy snack.
- Chocolate pancakes
Pancakes are a favorite for a lot of people. You can have them for breakfast or as a dessert. In this recipe the pancake batter is mixed with GNC whey protein advanced so that you get all the benefits of whey protein and the delicious taste! Top it with honey, maple syrup, or fresh fruits of your choice and enjoy a guilt-free dessert.
- 1/3 cup coconut/ almond/ oats flour
- 1/3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 1/3 cup milk (you can use any plant based milk of your choice)
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- ½ mashed banana (you can use 2 eggs as replacement)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sweetener – jaggery powder, stevia etc.
- Spice mix – nutmeg, cardamom, ginger powder
- Mix flour, whey protein powder, and ground flaxseeds in a bowl. Add spice mix to the mixture and mix well.
- To a bowl add milk, yogurt, mashed banana, and vanilla extract and blend to get a smooth consistency.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and blend again to get a smooth lump-free mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan and brush it with oil.
- Pour pancake batter and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Top it with your favorite fruits or honey and seeds and enjoy!
- Protein peanut butter cups
If you are a fan of Resse’s chocolate or Snickers, then you will relish this recipe. It has the evergreen combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Add to that the richness of GNC chocolate whey protein powder – perfect sinful dessert but with limited calories. Try this recipe and share it with your family, your kids will also love it! You can easily store them in an air-tight container if you make a big batch.
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- Place paper liners in a muffin tray and keep it aside.
- In a bowl mix together peanut butter and protein powder until smooth.
- Place the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds or until completely melted.
- Place 1 tsp melted chocolate in the paper liners and put the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out and put 2 tsp of peanut butter mix in each cup.
- Add a light layer of chocolate mixture and let it set in the fridge for an hour and then serve.
- Protein berry crumble
For those who always order a berry crumble as dessert on their cheat days, this recipe will come as a relief. It is so simple to make, has the goodness of berries, and all the benefits of whey protein powder. Serve this healthy dessert in the upcoming holiday season and impress your guests!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1 tsp stevia (or any other sweetener of choice)
- 2 scoops vanilla GNC whey protein advanced
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 10-12 almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Place the berries in a ceramic dish and sprinkle stevia on top.
- Mix together oats, protein powder, and lemon juice. Chop the almonds and add it to the crumble.
- Spread the crumble mixture on top of berries in the ceramic bowls.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the top is lightly golden.
- Take out from the oven, allow it to cool, and enjoy this heavenly and healthy dessert!
Always consult your doctor and trainer before including any new whey protein powder in your routine. Read the dosage instructions on the pack and do not consume excess amount to avoid any side effects or allergic reactions.